2011-04-02 15:05 - GeneralPreliminary Motorola Xoom review:
* Custom charger plug (no charge over USB at all) sucks.
* Power button on the back is awkward to use for sleep/wake.
* The new USB trasfer mode is very mixed. It uses MTP, rather than mounting as a USB drive. It's a tiny bit less effort to hook it up, and thus much easier to use IF you only want to drag-n-drop copy files, and IF you're using Windows. Anything else becomes a major pain. So far, I haven't been able to use it via my Linux desktop at work at all.
* Software availability is still a very mixed bag. You cannot assume that apps you're used to on your android phone will be available: most of them are marked incompatible/not yet marked compatible and you can't install them. (I'm not too bummed about this, because I knew going into this that I spend ~90% of my time in a browser or RSS reader on my tablet, and I've got good choices for those.)
* So far my video playing experience is poor. It seems you have to have an app (the system won't on its own) to play videos, and it's tough to choose.
* No iTunes!!