2005-12-27 14:00 - General
So, I'm not a city person. I live in Brooklyn and work in Manhattan, cause that's where I got a job. But I've never felt like I belonged in the city, and mostly sought to get out. But there's one exception that really goes a long way towards negating the nastiness of the city: mass transit. I can read a book on my way to work, or like I did this morning, I can sleep. Plus, on the subway...
- I never get a speeding ticket.
- I don't have to worry about a breakdown or a blown tire.
- I never need to find a parking space.
- I don't have to buy gas.
- I pay $0 for auto insurance.
- I never have to scrape snow/ice off the windshield.
- I never burn my hands on the steering wheel.
So .. look on the bright side?